Thursday, March 10, 2011

the ring.

here is # 4 in the wedding post challenge...


4. the ring:  tell us about it! did you pick it out? did he? pictures! tell us about his ring too!

IMG_1288

IMG_1272

Photobucket

sean and i had gone to look at a rings a few times. he knew what i liked, and he liked the same style as well. but we just couldn't really find one that felt sturdy.. you know what i mean? all the bands on the rings i tried on just seemed so fragile. and i seem to have bad luck with jewelry. well one day i was at the mall with my mom, sister, aunts, cousins, and grandma. we decided to go look in schubachs. my mom spotted this ring.. and i put it on. i fell in love with it. it felt sturdy and solid, but not too big or heavy. it was perfect for me. my sister sent sean a picture and he texted her back and said, "that's it. that's the ring." or something along those lines. so he ended up going back 2 days later and bought the ring. he told me he was there for like 2 hours because he didn't trust the salesman. they ended up on good terms and he bought the ring.

i don't know a whole lot about rings. i have no problem with those that do though. i just don't really care much about diamond clarity, size, and whatnot. to me it's pretty and it has meaning, so that is all that matters to me. there is a flaw in this diamond. and you know what? i prefer it that way. nobody is perfect, and i think that the same apply to diamonds. it reminds me to look on the bright side when things go bad. there is always a good side to everything. and even flawed diamonds can be beautiful. now don't think that sean is cheap and chose is that way.. remember, this was the exact ring that i tried on. i wanted this one. i didn't care for another diamond. he could have paid more and gotten an unflawed diamond. but i wanted this one. i have screwed up a lot in my life. trust me i have. i won't get into those details, but this diamond reminds me that good can come from all the bad. it reminds me of why i ended up with sean. i don't care if that is cheesy. really.. i don't. all of these posts are going to be a little cheesy. just warning you now.

i don't know much about the ring.. i do know that it is white gold. it has 33 diamonds total. one diamond has fallen out before and i was devastated. it was my own fault though. i accidentally hit it on something really hard. see why i wanted a sturdy ring? well we found out that we didn't have the warranty on it that we thought. sean ended up talking some sense into the store and they let us get the warranty even though we had the ring for more than three months. i was so grateful. now i can get it re-dipped and cleaned anytime that i want.

when sean first proposed the ring was not sized. it was way too big. sean could not wait to get it sized, so he proposed with it as it was. since it was around thanksgiving and the holidays, we had to wait about a week to take it into get it sized. i had to put tape around the band to keep in on my finger. we then got it fit right, and my joints decided to act up. you may have heard me talk about this before, but every so often random joints in my body will swell up. it is really random and sporadic, but certain knuckles in my fingers will swell too. it was only bothering 2 knuckles. well right after we got engaged, my ring finger on my left hand decided to join the club. and my ring would not fit over that knuckle. it would fit fine on my right hand. it would almost slide off. but not on my left. i was so sad. i decided i wanted to get it to be a little bit bigger just in case i had a flare up. still to this day though, you will sometimes see my ring on my right hand because my left ring finger will swell up. it's frustrating, but oh well. what can ya do? some days it slides off and others i can't get it on. stupid finger. oh well, i still love the ring...

i don't have a wedding band. the ring sort of has on odd shape to it and we would have to have a band made for it. but i prefer the way it looks without one. and knowing me if i had a band i would probably break it or something. it is more to worry about. so i am fine with just the one ring. it's perfect for me.

sean's ring we got online for $60. haha. i like how my ring story is like 5 paragraphs and his is one sentence. i guess this just goes to show that guys are a lot simpler than girls. for the most part...

8 comments:

Danica Pardini said...

Next post for sure!!

Diana Smith said...

Your ring is soooo pretty! I wish I could change mine haha don't tell my husband though! And thats awesome you got your husbands for cheap! It really doesn't need to be an extravagent ring like the girls!

Lissa Chandler said...

we got my ring at the same store and probably at the same mall! and our rings are almost exactly the same, and we got engaged in almost the same way, and i tried on your wedding dress... why are we not friends in real life?

Anonymous said...

I love that your diamond is flawed. There was a story on the news a little while ago about a girl who got ripped off with her engagement ring, paying for, say, a 2 carat diamond and getting a 1 carat. She said she couldn't even put the ring on she hated it so much. It made me so sick and angry! Who cares what the ring is made of!? Who cares how much it costs? I felt sorry for the poor guy who bought it for her, but I guess now he knows what's important to her, right?

Anyway, sorry for the long story, but I absolutely adore you even more hearing all your stories! :) And Sean too!

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

That ring is SO gorgeous.

Kayla said...

Holy beautiful ring!!! I love the detailed pics of it, it's gorgeous!! and that's really weird that random joints swell up that sounds so annoying! I'm so sorry!!

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

Absolutely love your ring girl.
Sorry I've been such a bad commenter. But I'm reading all of your awesome posts. :) Ya know I do. ;)

Unknown said...

I don't have a wedding band for my ring either because we would have to get one made, and it would look weird with one and be too big with two, so I kept it just how he gave it to me. Two of my mini diamonds fell out once, thankfully they replaced them for free. I need to get mine dipped, I haven't done it since right before my wedding.