here are the rules for the challenge:
1 - You must post the rules.
2 - Post eleven fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3 - Answer the eleven questions the tagger set for you in their post.
4 - Create eleven new questions to ask the people you tagged.
5 - Tag eleven people and link them to your post.
6 - Let them know you've tagged them!
11 facts about myself:
1. i love skydiving. see my video here. i would do it again in a heartbeat. but cliff jumping? no way.
2. i have a very specific drink order. i always need ice. and i prefer ice to fill the cup at least half and if possible 3/4 of the way. it gives it substance. if i pay for a drink and get only 2 ice cubes? i get upset and probably won't drink very much. i also like skinny short straws vs. long fat ones. i'm so annoying, i know.
3. i only wash my hair 3 times a week. if i have to i will wash it more though. but not usually.
4. sean says i have a lot of mannerisms that remind him of my dad. i don't always see it, but i love that he said that. my dad is the coolest so i'll take that as a compliment. (the most recent one was that we both have the same snicker...)
5. my bottom eyelashes are almost longer than my top.
6. my closet is almost always a disaster. so is my bathroom counter. but i can't sleep if the bed is not put together. sean and i are the exact opposite. he can't sleep if the closet is a mess. too bad we share. he could care less about the state of the bed.
7. i once flew on an airplane with topher grace. he is tall.
8. i think i am the only person in the world who doesn't like macaroni and cheese. it's like the only food i don't really like. (it's my twin's favorite food)
9. i once had 10 cavities at one time. i was 21. i still think the guy filling in for my regular dentist was lying.
10. i wish i had 20/20 vision. i hate contacts and glasses. i guess i shouldn't complain though. i had never had braces so i am grateful for that i suppose.
11. i have pretty much worked a full time job since i was 16. wow. 9 years. that makes me feel old.
11 questions from katie
1 - what is your favorite TV series? the office and arrested development will always be favorites. but i also love grey's anatomy, the voice, one tree hill, the bachelor, new girl... i could keep going but i'll stop before i embarrass myself.
2 - what is your favorite restaurant (preferably in orem/provo area) that nobody else really knows about? it is getting more well known but i love slab pizza. always will. i also like joe's cafe but i think it finally closed down.
3 - favorite vacation spot in the U.S.? pebble beach, california and oregon. oregon is hands down the most beautiful state i have ever been too.
4 - tell me a funny joke. what does snoop dog wash his clothes with? bleaochhhh
5 - most embarrassing social media moment (something embarrassing you did on your blog/facebook/twitter or even texting.) hmmm. i can't really think of anything but i am sure just my entire blog in general is embarrassing. at least posts from 2 years ago... i didn't hold back!
6 - what style/beauty secret/tip/trick do you swear by? tea tree oil on zits and biosilk for wet hair. i also use it after it dries to tame frizzy hair. love it. but it also is the reason my infamous yellow bag got ruined... RIP. ( okay i still use it but it still upsets me) also, curling my hair? i have had a few people ask me for a tutorial on how i do it.. i wouldn't even know where to start. but basically instead of clamping my hair with the curling iron? i wrap my hair around it. it creates more natural looking waves/curls. i do have natural curl in my hair though so maybe that helps but i don't know!
7 - favorite book - turned - movie? and/or favorite movie based on a true story / inspired by true events? i'll have to agree with katie. titanic has to be in there. i can't not watch it every time it's on. it's a problem. when it came out i watched it 7 times in the theater. saved every ticket stub. and i will probably go see it in 3D in the theaters when it comes out, just for old times sake. (don't watch titanic 2 though it sucks!
8 - best gift you've ever given a spouse/boyfriend? probably last year when i got sean a bike. he never uses it, but he was definitely surprised! also i did surprise him with george strait tickets once. he loves gorgeous george.
9 - how old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? (like what age would you guess you were, based on the way you look/act/?) well i work with the young women in my church and they all thought i was one of them when i first joined them. since they realized i was not, and was married they guessed i was 21. also at the dr. office the other day, the nurse looked at my wedding ring and said "ooo that is pretty! is it new?" and i said "no, i've had it for 3 years." she was like "really? did you get married way young? you don't look old enough." i said "no i was almost 23 when i got married." i am pretty sure i was older than her. so i don't know. i think i look my age and act like i am 12 sometimes. but others think i look younger. and probably act younger too...
10 - what's the biggest risk you've taken, that worked out for you? spent my whole life savings to go to australia and fiji. it changed my entire life. not just while i was there but it changed my whole life at home. it brought a new job my way and put sean back in my life. i wouldn't change it for anything. also changing my phone number to get an ex out of my life. it was really hard at the time. but so glad i did it.
11 - if you had to teach something, what would you teach? i have always wanted to be a health teacher. it is still something i plan to do... someday. i know.. i am like the opposite of healthy living. meh. those who can't do... teach.. right? TOTALLY KIDDING. but i am not kidding about being the opposite of healthy living. i'm workin on it k?
i tag... anyone! sorry i know that is lame but anyone that wants to do it is welcome!
here are my questions:
1- how tall are you?
2- what is the coolest thing that you have ever witnessed. sporting event? birth? crazy car wreck?
3- what is your favorite thing to clean?
4- if you could hop on a plane right now, where would you go?
5- how would you describe your eye color? without saying just the color...
6- what is something that you feel you need to work on in your life?
7- who is your favorite actor right now?
8- how long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
9- what is your most embarrassing moment?
10- what is your favorite chap stick/lip balm/lip gloss?
11- what kind of milk do you drink?
my answers to my questions:
2. one time in a softball game the ball was hit into the outfield by someone on the other team. this guy on my team couldn't make the catch so he kicked the ball when it hit the ground. it went straight to the third baseman. he caught it. coolest play i have ever seen in my life. i can't remember if he got the guy out or not. but it was a very long kick and very neat thing to witness.
3. i like to clean my room and dust. i am anal about dusting. i think i got that from my mom.
5. they look like a sunflower to me. if you look closely in certain light. black pupil (obviously) for the center, then they have goldish brown outside of that. then a greenish blue (depending on the light) outside of that and a dark turquoise ring around the edges. but in pictures they mostly come off brown for some reason.
6. everything. i need to eat better. i haven't had caffeine in 5 days! be proud! not by choice though. boo. also i need to work on being more organized. i am a mess in my head. i need to take more risks and be brave.
7. ryan gosling... mmmm.
8. depends on if i shower and do my hair. if i do? like 45 minutes to an hour from start to finish. if not? like 15.
9. the time i drove away from the gas station with the gas hose still in my car. yeah, it broke. yeah, it was mortifying. yeah, i never went back.
10. when sean went to california with my family last year he brought me home tons of LUSH stuff. LUSH is the best. he got me a lip balm called honey trap. i am obsessed with it. i also like shiny-licious maybelline lip gloss in carmella.
11. i drink 1%