Wednesday, February 22, 2012

day 22 : where you work

Photobucket

i work for a pretty amazing company. i can't even explain how cool they are to us employees. i work full time, monday through friday, 8-5, in the closing department at first colony mortgage. my job title for lack of a better word is : closer. not like the tv show. we prepare all the loan docs that borrowers sign at closing when they are refinancing or purchasing a home and then send them to the title company. we also go through all the documents when they come back from title and make sure all the signatures and dates and required documents are there. we make sure everything satisfies RESPA, FHA, and investor guidelines, make sure numbers match up and are accurate. then we also fund the loan. we get to wire lots and lots of money to title companies. once they receive the wire they record and disburse. then we stack and ship all the closing documents to the investor for purchase. then we do some other follow up stuff. this job is a lot more detailed than i am making it sound but i will stop there before i bore you to death. and for the record i am not saying my job bores me. because it doesn't. but i am sure when i explain it to other people it sounds boring...

i love my job. i have worked in the mortgage/title industry for over 6 years now and have loved it. i have been at first colony 3 and a half years and they are so good to us. sure, i have my hard days at work. who doesn't? but the company i work for makes those hard days so much less crappy. my department is incredibly stressful the last two weeks of the month. we have a lot of pressure in closing to get everything closed, funded and shipped before the month ends. we are the last department that the loan goes through so our deadline comes up really fast. our bosses take such good care of us though during that stressful time. they provide us lunch every day when we are crazy busy. it is nice to feel appreciated at work. they go out of their way to make us feel special. anyway, this picture is awful. this is all i could dig up on my camera since i am still not back to work. excuse my crazy eyes. i look possessed. i didn't know maddie was taking it. my desk was a mess and i woke up late that day (okay i wake up late everyday) so wasn't really wearing my best work clothes. ha. oh well. you get what you get!

today, has been a rough day. i threw up this morning. straight stomach acid for a 2 whole minutes. then dry heaved for a bit. it burned so bad on my throat. i have been so nauseous all day. as i was sitting here thinking what i would do for the photo challenge, the doorbell rang...

Photobucket
Photobucket

another reason why i love where i work. they are so good to us. totally made my day.

5 comments:

Addison Renee Boutique said...

you are so lucky! They are amazing really. I really know this first hand. They take care of Jason and I with little things all the time and we don't even work there! Part of being related I guess? LOL I am so sorry you have been sick today. i remember when I had my first jaw surgery and throwing up after that and not being able to open up at all...... I know TMI but I can only imagine the swelling and burn. I just want to cry for you. if there is anything I can do let me know.

steph anne said...

wow, flowers!?! I thought I had it awesome at my job but I guess you beat me! :) The best part of having an awesome job is that I don't dread going to work which is great cuz 40 hours a week somewhere you don't wanna be at gotta be hell.

Anyways, hope you feel better!

michael. mindy. dane. said...

i think you look great in that picture.

your job sounds HARD! it does sound like a lot of work and like it's complicated. i say props to you for doing it! that sounds like the kind of stuff i would be confused on and could never do. and i am glad you work for such a great company. that is awesome!

Kell said...

So lucky to work for such a great company! Also, throwing up stomach acid is the worst. I know. I hope you feel better soon!

Unknown said...

Cute! I love first colony and thats so nice of them....and maybe you'll see my refinancing papers come through when you get back...saving me money! Get better soon!