Thursday, August 11, 2011

mosey in the morning.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

moses is a funny dog in the morning. actually he is always a funny dog. but at night? he starts out on our bed. then he goes under the bed. then he gets on his dog bed. if i leave our bedroom at any point during the night? he follows me. even if he is completely zonked out. he will wake up if i am going to get a drink of water downstairs. and he will wait at one of the landings until i come back up. he doesn't come all the way down. he just waits. watching. making sure that is all that i am doing and then when i walk back up and get to the landing he walks back up the rest of the stairs with me. he goes right back to sleep. then without a doubt at 6:20 every morning he gets off his bed and comes over to my side of the bed and stares at me. even though my side of the bed is farthest away from his bed. and he sits. and he whines. and he mopes. and sometimes he licks my face. and when he sees my eyes open? he wags his tail so hard that he shakes all the blinds. it's like an alarm clock. and if i pretend that i don't notice? it doesn't work. so he will back away. and stare. and repeat the process all over again. if that doesn't work? he jumps on the bed and lays either right in between sean and i? or right across my body. just waiting. but eventually he gets off the bed and stares at me again. waiting. so i finally get out of bed and his tail wags and shakes the blinds again. i go to the bathroom. he waits. he gets excited as i put on my shoes. we start to go downstairs and he will not walk ahead of me. afraid that i will decide to stop or turn around. he has to make sure we are at the same pace. i take him out to go to the bathroom and he runs right back to the door. ready to eat. he gets so excited. to the point that he can't control himself. he loves his food. then he eats while i go back upstairs. eventually when all his food is gone he comes back upstairs and jumps on the bed and usually ends up in the covers like this. his mood completely changes from his excited puppy mode. he suddenly gets really mopey and sleepy. and he usually acts that way until we leave. i think he tries to guilt me into staying home. he usually stays on the bed while i am in the bathroom getting ready. i turn the tv on for him and he watches it while snuggling with the blankets. we have a walk-in closet in our bathroom and if he sees me go in there? he jumps off the bed and runs into the closet. and lays down. he can't not see what i am doing. it drives him nuts if he can't see me. if i leave? he follows me out. it's the same routine every morning. oh mosey. he is such a good dog. i sure love him. but i know you all know that. sorry if you are sick of the moses pictures. i am sure they are getting old. but oh well :)

4 comments:

Lee S. said...

This made me smile bigger the more I read it. I love the Moe Moe! What a sweet pup :)

Gray Skies said...

Hilarious! Dogs have so much personality :)

{Jesica Huffaker} said...

Awww so cute!!! If your dog ever goes missing, it wasn't me...

Laura said...

This was so cute! I love that he follows you everywhere and watches you, so adorable.