Sunday, March 28, 2010

the time that chloe went skydiving.

gosh, i think this is the longest i have ever gone without blogging in a really long time. i haven't been a great blogger this month. i am a very spontaneous person. i've talked about it before, but i can't plan to do things. i can pull out 3 blog posts in one day just because i have so much that i want to say. but if i have nothing to say then i usually won't try to find something to say... not sure if that makes sense or not... it's kind of like this post.. read it..and maybe you will understand. anyway, in that post i talked about the time i went skydiving. oh man was it amazing. i went while i was in Australia. it was honestly the most incredible thing that i have ever done. to say it was life changing, sounds like an understatement. i would do it again in a heartbeat.

this past weekend i was at my parents house and i finally found the video of me skydiving and thought i would get around to uploading it. unfortunately i don't have a dvd burner on my laptop so i had to record this while i played it on my computer. so if it's a little shaky, i apologize. also, i am not going to apologize for the big zit on my cheek. oh was it awful. i will blame it on the change of climate or something like that. yeah. that was it.

anyway, going to Australia was incredible. i went with a group called ISV. that stands for International Student Volunteers. it was amazing.  the best part about it all was that i came home and started dating sean a few weeks later. i had been laid off from my current employer because i had taken pretty much the whole summer off to go to Australia and Fiji. i knew there was a chance i would get laid off, but it was still hard to believe it when it actually happened. but then something amazing happened...

my sister got me a job at her work... first colony mortgage. and just turns out that sean worked there too... we had known each other from high school. but not that well. anyway, i remember my first day there. i remember being in a staff meeting and he was sitting behind me. we hadn't even really talked to each other yet, but for some reason we both just knew then that our lives were going to be completely different after that day. and they definitely were. and yeah, that is cheesy. but whatever. i don't even care.

so here is the video that changed my life. and if it weren't for me going to Australia and losing my job and finding a new one? i might not be where i am today. so when people say "sometimes you have to close one door so another one will open"? yeah.. i believe that.

{the video is kinda long.. if you want to just fast forward to the part where i jump out of the plane it is at about 3:00.. but if you watch the whole video you will kinda be able to see the part when the guy i was jumping with tried to trick me into thinking that our parachute/connecter thing was broken. i am very gullible apparently...}


p.s... these australian skydivers were amazing. they had each done over 3,000 dives. amazing. i can't imagine how cool/scary it would be to do that for a living. oh, and i screamed the whole way down. i will apologize for that. and i had snot and spit uncontrollably flying out of my nose and mouth. oh and tears. all over. and i whipped the guy behind me in the face with my hair. meh, oh well. and i didn't choose the music on this in case you were wondering. they put the video together and i paid $100 for it. it was totally worth it.

38 comments:

Diana said...

holy geez girl, that's amazing. good to read your updates!

crissy // mama boss said...

Wow, Chloé! That is incredible! I'm way too scared to ever jump out of a plane, and I really admire you (and anyone else who has been brave enough) for doing it. Wow. Also, you are ridiculously pretty, even when you're falling from the sky. Seriously.
I've missed your posts, I hope you've been doing well :)

(Also, I totally agree with you on the whole 'one door closes so another can open' thing. It has happened for me, too.)

Gray Skies said...

That is so awesome! I'm going skydiving for the first time this summer, and I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

impressive! you go, girl!

Maddie said...

hahaha laughed out loud the entire time i watched. you're much more brave than me!

lydia. said...

um, you are so brave.
and i am totally jealous.
this scares the pants off of me.

grant + brittany said...

like i just said on the phone... i totally cried watching this. and i think its because i just know when i read your words about it being more than life changing.. i believe you. i want to so bad but know i would be soooooooooooooooooo scared.

i wanted to tell you that i loved your comment about image. well and the other latest ones. and it means a lot that you feel this way too. like i kinda said in the post- i get shy about how passionate i am because i've been teased for being to whatever about it. i don't know. thankyou for calling me your hero for picking up another magazine because i felt like one! whenever you compliment me, it makes me feel so good because i know you. i know that you are sincere and you aren't just saying things. and i really love that about you. i think you think that about me (that i am sincere and don't just ssay stuff to say it) and that is why we like each other so much? ya know? like does that make sense?

i was thinking.. since you have a wedding this week, would your mom want her flower before then?

still can't get over how stunning you are. seriously chloe do you even get how beautiful you are? and no it is not just because you are tan in this. OK.

what else can i talk about... um... i just made a cake (yes at midnight because yes that is when i am most awake and alive and ready to be productive) and i thought of you.

i love that you only blog when you feel like it. i really do. that is the way to do it i think.

sleep tight.

JMay said...

haha, I LOVED that video. You were so funny when you started screaming. I went skydiving too for my 21st birthday, it was so incredible.

SO true that everything happens for a reason. Being fired in your case this time was a GREAT thing :-)

tiffany said...

aaaah this is amazing! i really want to skydive! and i agree with one of the girls above me - you manage to look gorgeous even while skydiving!

xo tiffany

hope you have an awesome week!! :)

steph anne said...

THAT'S INSANE!!! Lol. I could NEVER do that!! Did he hold the camera the whole time!?!

Unknown said...

I watched the whole thing, and my heart started beating really fast before you jumped out! Looks so amazing and now I really want to do it. The main part I've always been scared of is breaking my legs when I land but it didn't look bad!

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Oh my gosh Chloe that is so cool! I'm not sure I could ever do that, I have a pretty big fear of heights. But if I wanted to tackle that fear this is totally how I'd do it!

Jules AF said...

I can't watch it. It would scare me too much.

Murdock's mama said...

OMG! I freaked out just watching that video! How exciting though! I met my hubby at work too! :)

knz said...

That. is. so. awesome.

I laughed while I watched this and have to admit I cried a little. Partly because I was scared and partly because I was proud of you. lol.

Rhianne said...

you are amazing! I'm terrified of the actually falling part but I know I would love being so high up and seeing everything and having the wind in my hair! I'm seriously conflicted about it :)

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

That is awesome. my boyfriend went a while back and loved it, Im farrrr to scared, but I want too.

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

How fun!!!! I am so jealous! What a cool experience!

ahlin said...

oh my gosh that is so cool! i will live vicariously through you [and your video] because i am waaaay too much of a wimp to do that. but yay for being lazy and spontaneous! :)

Michele said...

I am not sure if you are my idol and/or if you are crazy:) You go girl! I didn't hurt that your instructor was a sexy guy with an amazing Australian accent.

Jenni said...

Thats amazing!!! I would love to do this one of these days! It sounds so exhilarating!
I think that in one way or another...layoffs happen for a reason. I know mine was scary at first, and still is a little bit, but I know its only going to open up doors for a better life in the end. :)

Matt said...

I love that video. Everytime I see it I laugh. You are so brave, by the way, I knew exactly where it was, if you wanted it you should have asked.

Dad

wishful nals said...

wow, incredible! xo!

Caroline said...

This is too great!!! I love that you going to Australia changed your life. My trip there last summer was INSPIRING!!! This video is great!!! Chloe you are Adorable, Witty and Beautiful!!! Keep on living life, and being who you are!! XO

Anonymous said...

Hahaha!! Crazy Australians!

(it's okay...I'm allowed to call us that!)

And well done for jumping - that insane plane ride would have been enough for me.

:)

Katinka said...

haha, soooo awesome :) I love your video!!!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Wow! I've always wanted to go skydiving but I'm pretty chicken about that and the possibility of the chute NOT opening. You rocked it!

David and Shalynna said...

You look like a movie star.

I can't believe you've been to Australia and you've been sky diving!

I love how everything worked out for you- lost your job, but got another one and that is where you met your eternal companion. Totally meant to be, if you ask me. :)

Love your posts.

kaysi van dyke fox said...

ok first of all, that is amazing that you went skydiving...you have some...well you know! haha i need to grow a pair and do that, i think that is going on my bucket list! & you look gorgeous in your video, you are all tan!! :)

grant + brittany said...

came back to read your comments and laughed out loud at olivia being afraid of your legs breaking when she lands. for some reason that is hilarious to me. and the boob nazi. i love that she can't even watch it.

Elise said...

So fun. I totally love that they made a video! You are super brave. I would totally back out at the last second. I did go paragliding in Switzerland tho. That was fun!

Unknown said...

Oh, I totally want to go skydiving or bungee jumping. What a cool experience, especially because you got to do it in Australia, how cool.

MeganHowell said...

bahaha chloe youre my hero!!!

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

Chloe, I love this! I'm so glad you paid to have it recorded. One day your kids will love watching this!! I would have loved to do this a couple years ago, when I loved a good rush. Ha I think now that I have a baby and am getting older I'm getting kinda lame and scared!
You are naturally so beautiful.

Alexa Mae said...

i'm just glad you lived to tell about it...hehe xoxo
your stories are always so great!

Kjrsten said...

what in the sam hell! that was crazy awesome! that vid was worth more than 100 bucks, thats one for your posterity! I always have dreams that I am falling through the air, they scare the bajeebers out of me. Do you think sky diving would help me stop having those?

AubreyMo said...

Chloe!!! You are the craziest girl I know. I would totally go skydiving. I met a car dealer once who had done over 3,000 skydives in Africa. I'm so jealous of your trip, and yes, it was a good thing that you took a chance and went on the trip of a lifetime, so you could come back and meet Sean.

So proud and happy for you :)

Unknown said...

That is amazing! I don't think I'll ever be brave enough to do that... congrats!

lauren
lrstewart0711.blogspot.com